A week after the Costa Rican president declared a state of Emergency in country after government computer The ransomware has been hacked, and the ransomware gang now wants to take down government.
The Russian-speaking Conte gang attacked Costa Rica in April, access to several critical systems in Ministry of Finance, including customs and tax collection. else government systems were also Affected and after a month not all work fully.
President Rodrigo Chavez declared the state of Emergency over The attack Like soon As he took the oath in last week. The US State Department offered $10 million reward for information leading to select or location of Conti leaders.
Conte replied before writing“We are determined to overthrow government by means of cyber attackhave already Show you all the strength and powerYou have entered an emergency.”
the gang also He said he was raising the ransom demand to $20 million. she called on Costa Ricans to put pressure on government to pay. The attack encode government Data and the gang said on Saturday that if the ransom is not paid in one Week, the decryption keys will be deleted.
US State Department statement last Conte said the week group It was responsible for hundreds of Ransomware incidents during past Two years.
“The FBI appreciates it of January 2022, there was over 1000 victims of Associated Attacks with Conti . ransomware with Victim payments exceed $150 million, making Conti ransomware the most expensive alternative of Ransomware has never been documented.”