over a million people in North Korea has already Recovered from suspected COVID-19 just A week after the outbreak was revealed it appears he is trying to manage it in isolationthe country said Wednesday, a global Experts expressed deep concern about public health threat.
The country’s anti-virus headquarters announced 232,880 new cases of fever and other six death cases in Country media Wednesday. These numbers bring their totals to 62 deaths and more More than 1.7 million cases of fever since late April. She said no less than 691170 remain in Agricultural Quarantine.
Outside experts think more of Fever is COVID-19 but North Korea lacks tests confirm too much. The outbreak is almost certainly greater than the fever rate, because some virus carriers may not develop a fever or other symptoms.
that it also unclear how more from a million people Recover quickly when medicine is limited medicine equipment and health facilities for treat Poor and unvaccinated country population of 26 million. Some experts say North Korea may simply unleash people Quarantine after the fever subsides.
Globally, COVID-19 has killed about 6.3 million people people with The true Thought the death toll would be many higher. countries with disease outbreak of Similar in size to North Korea official Fever toll confirmed thousands of death for both of them.
The Director-General of the World Health Organization, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, said Tuesday that North Korea has not responded to her request. for more Data on the outbreak.
Before identifying COVID-19 infections for The first the time last Last week, North Korea stuck to a widely questionable claim of save out virus. He. She also shunned millions of Vaccine shots provided by the UN-backed distribution of COVAX programmost likely due to of international watching requirements attached to them.
North Korea and Eritrea are the only sovereign countries in the United Nations countries Don’t roll out Vaccines, but Tedros said neither country has responded to WHO’s offers of Vaccines, drugs, tests and technology support.
‘WHO is deep concerned In the risk of More spread in (North Korea),” Tedros said, also Noting that the country has alarming numbers of people with The basic conditions that make them more He is likely to catch the severe COVID-19 virus.
Director of Emergencies at the World Health Organization, Dr. Michael Ryan, said that transmission of infection is unchecked of Virus can lead to new Changes, but the World Health Organization was unable to act unless countries accepted it help.
North Korea has so far ignored its rival South Korea’s offer to provide vaccines, medicines and health personnelBut experts say the North may be too more willing to accept help Of which main China’s ally. South Korea government He said he can’t confirm media Reports that North Korea flew several planes to fetch it back emergency supplies from china on Tuesday.
North Korean officials during rule party Tuesday’s Politburo meeting continued to express confidence that the country can overcome the crisis on queen, with Politburo members discuss ways for ‘Continuously maintain good chance in comprehensive epidemic prevention front official The Korean Central News Agency said on Wednesday.
There is a suspicion that North Korea is underreporting deaths to soften the blow for Kim who already He was going through the most difficult moment of Knot in power. The epidemic has done more damage economy already It was broken by mismanagement and US-led sanctions over Kim’s nuclear weapons and missiles development.
At the Politburo meeting, Kim criticized officials over Their early response to the pandemic, which he said emphasized their “immaturity” in state capacity for acclimatization with Crisis “and blamed the weakness of the country on “Their attitude is not positive, lax and inactive,” the agency said.
He urged officials to boost the virus controls in the workplace and redouble efforts to improve supply of The report said that the daily necessities and the stabilization of living conditions.
North Korea has also Posted nearly 3000 military medical officers for help Delivery and distribution of medicines to pharmacies public Health officials, teachers and students who study health care to learn about people with Fever so they can be isolated. The country was dependent on Finding people with Symptoms and isolating them in shelters for the lack of high-tech vaccines equipmentIntensive care units that reduced hospitalizations and deaths in other countries.
While the alarm sounded over Outbreak, Kim has also He emphasized that his economic goals should He is met. condition media Reports show big groups of Workers continue to congregate on farms and mining facilities, power Stations and construction sites, are driven to ensure Their business is “paid as scheduled”.
nuclear threat
The outbreak of COVID-19 in North Korea came amid a provocation run in Weapon demonstrations, including first test of intercontinental ballistic missile in nearly five years, in Brinksmanship aims to force the United States to accept the idea of North is nuclear power and negotiating economic and security privileges from the site of Energy.
US and South Korean officials also Do you think North Korea can conduct its seventh nuclear? test Blowout this month.
The North Korean nuclear threat is expected to top the agenda when US President Joe Biden meets South Korean President Yoon Seok-yeol during a visit to Seoul this week. Kim Tae Hyo, Yoon’s deputy national A security adviser told reporters Wednesday that North Korea is likely wonDon`t make a nuclear test This week only his preparations for The last intercontinental ballistic missile test It seemed imminent.
Kim Jong-un stressed during a Politburo meeting on Tuesday that he will “excite everyone party like (And) active volcano once again Under the state of emergency ‘to prove Drive it by history And time and “defend well-being of country and people without fail And proof to all world strength and spirit of heroic Korea once again, the agency said that the report did not directly refer to major weapons test.
Modern commercial satellite images of nuclear test ground in Punggye-ri stands for renewal work And preparations in a tunnel not yet used on southern part of The site, which is supposed to be nearing completion to host a nuclear program testaccording to an analysis released Tuesday by Beyond Parallel, a website run By the Washington-based center for Strategic and International Studies.