Sunday, August 23, 2026
Haber Tusba
  • World
  • Business
  • Netflix
  • Gaming
  • Technology
  • Sports
  • More
    • Prime Video
    • Apple TV
    • Disney+
    • Google TV
    • HBO Max
    • Hulu
    • Paramount+
No Result
View All Result
Haber Tusba
Home World

Al-Alimi: ‘We are ready for war’ if peace efforts with Houthis fail

by Ayaz Ahmet
July 3, 2023
in World
1 min read
0
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Deputy Chairman of the Presidential Command Council Abdullah al-Alimi confirmed that Yemen’s new leaders are “ready for war” if peace efforts with the Houthi militias fail, but stressed that ending the conflict, which has been going on for more than seven years, remains a priority, and Al- Alimi said Saturday night in his first media interview since his appointment to the eight-member body: “Our first option is peace, but we are ready for war.”

He said forces linked to the council are “capable of supporting a coalition” led by Saudi Arabia to achieve “complete victory” against the Houthis. The internationally recognized government of Hadi is waging a bitter war against the Iranian-backed Houthis, who have controlled the capital Sana’a and other areas in the north and west of the country since 2014.

Related posts

Gaza Strip Faces Major Communication Blackout Amid Ongoing Israeli Offensive

Turkey’s Support for Hamas: Sen. Lindsey Graham Calls Them The Squad of NATO

Al-Alimi said: “The difficult conditions in which Yemen finds itself require that everyone go beyond personal and partisan interests in order to achieve peace.”

In the coming days, the council’s new leaders will meet in Yemen with UN envoy to Yemen Hans Grundberg, who visited Sana’a this week for the first time since his appointment in September last year and met with Houthi leaders.

Al-Alimi, a former director of Hadi’s office, explained that the council’s leaders would then move “inside Yemen to take the constitutional oath,” without specifying the exact location.

He did not say how long the new council would wait for the Houthis to sit down at the negotiating table. The Houthis refused to participate in the consultations in Riyadh, but Al-Alimi said: “If the Houthis are serious about dialogue … we will not disagree on the place of negotiations.”

Trending Now

  • Thumbnail-HaberTusba

    A Russian man is at large after killing parents in Antalya Turkey

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Arizona Sun 2: Experience Next-Generation VR Zombie Slaying on PlayStation VR2

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Banking crisis in Lebanon interacts… Roadblocks and demands for the release of detainees

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Battle Operation 2 Patch Notes 1.72: New Update, Bug Fixes, and Improvements

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • YouTube Shorts Surpasses TikTok and Instagram Reels with Over 2 Billion Monthly Users

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
Haber Tusba

We bring News from all around the World and everything you need to know from World, Entertainment, Tech, Sports & Gaming News.

Category

  • Apple TV
  • Business
  • Disney+
  • Entertainment
  • Featured
  • Gaming
  • Google TV
  • HBO Max
  • Hulu
  • Netflix
  • Paramount+
  • Prime Video
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • World

Recent News

  • Gaza Strip Faces Major Communication Blackout Amid Ongoing Israeli Offensive
  • The Decline of Twitter: Elon Musk’s Controversial Decisions Result in Massive Loss in Value
  • EU Debt Rules Standoff Puts Pressure on Italy’s Economy: Will a Deal Be Reached?
Facebook Twitter Instagram Reddit RSS
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

© HaberTusba - All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • World
  • Business
  • Netflix
  • Gaming
  • Technology
  • Sports
  • More
    • Prime Video
    • Apple TV
    • Disney+
    • Google TV
    • HBO Max
    • Hulu
    • Paramount+

© HaberTusba - All Rights Reserved.