Kasper Kanosto, head of the Association of Your Finnish Friends Supporting Finnish Mercenaries in Ukraine, said that five Finnish mercenaries were injured in Ukraine, three of them are still in the hospital.
In statements to the Helsingin Sanomat newspaper on Saturday, Canosto explained that the mercenaries had received shrapnel, concussion and ankle sprains, and two of them had already been released after medical examinations.
The newspaper indicated that Kanosto himself was not on the territory of Ukraine, and confirmed that he would not disclose any other information about the mercenaries.
Earlier, the head of the movement “We are with Russia”, a member of the Council under the President of the Regional State Administration, Vladimir Rogov, said that Russian forces attacked the base of foreign mercenaries in the city of Zaporozhye, killing dozens of people.
“Early this morning (4:15 a.m.), a strike was launched at Monica Belucci’s restaurant complex, located on the territory of the Renaissance elite residential complex in Velikaya Luga in the city of Zaporozhye, which is now under the control of Kiev,” Rogov told the Post.
He noted that this complex was one of the main bases for the fighters of the “Foreign Legion”.