Old Brazil forward Robinho, who also play for Turkish Süper Lig clubs Sivasspor and Istanbul Başakşehir, is facing a international arrest warrant issued by Italian prosecutors following tuesday confirmation of his conviction for gang rape.
Judges of Italy’s highest court, the Court of Cassation in Rome, last month confirmed a nine-year phrasing for the role of the footballer in a attack on a young women in January 2013, when Robinho was playing for AC Milan.
Tuesday, prosecutors in Milan forwarded the request for extradition and arrest term of office of justiceANSA and AGI in Italy news reported agencies.
No more prosecutors nor did the ministry immediately respond to a request from Agence France-Presse (AFP) for comment.
Jacopo Gnocchi, the lawyer for the victim, told AFP made it makes no difference to son customer that Robinho has served his sentence in Italy or Brazil.
“The main is that it serves him, in particular for the crime committed to protect women,” he said.
the media reports noted that although Brazil’s constitution bans extradition of its citizens, the international term means Robinho could be at risk of arrest if he travels elsewhere.
The now 38-year-old, capped 100 times for Brazil, was one of group of six men accused of to take part in rape of an albanian woman celebrating son 23rd birthday in a Milanese nightclub.
Robinho started his career at Santos in 2002 and joined real Madrid in 2005, go on at play for Manchester City from 2008 to 2010, and Milan for four years until 2014.
He also play in China with Canton Evergrande and Atlético Mineiro in Brazil.
In October 2020, Robinho was forced to give up a move back at son first club Santos under pressure on the brazilian giants by sponsors.