The United Nations said that efforts are underway to release its five employees who were recently kidnapped at gunpoint in Yemen.
UN spokesman Stephane Dujarric said five UN personnel were “removed at gunpoint” and who was responsible. net said it wasn’t.
According to the United Nations, five personnel were abducted last week in Abyan province while on an official mission.
This development comes after other detentions of UN personnel and other humanitarian workers months ago.
“In a more positive development, a UN worker detained in Marib since mid-November was released on Monday, February 14. In a separate incident in Marib, an NGO worker was arrested and detained. He was also released.”
Dujarric announced that a high-level donor conference for Yemen will be held on March 16, to be co-hosted by the United Nations and the governments of Sweden and Switzerland. “This is the fifth year Sweden and Switzerland have hosted this event,” he said.
Source: UN NEWS
The Content is sourced from RT News (rt.com); each piece of Content all the Copyrights and Trademarks belong to their Rightful Owners and all Materials to their Authors. We have just Modified and Rearranged that in our platform for our readers.