Today’s match will be between Al-Akhdar and Iraq, the eighth in the history of confrontation between the two national teams of the Persian Gulf, and Al-Akhdar will have a special mission in this match. Cumulatively, the results were as follows: Where the Iraqis won by a record 7-1 scoreline.
– In Gulf 5, hosted by Iraq in 1979, the latter beat Saudi Arabia 2-0 in the second Gulf tie against Al-Akhdar.
– In the 7th bay in Amman in 1984, Iraq again defeated Al-Akhdar with a score of 4:0.
– The edition of Gulf 8, which took place in Bahrain in 1986, witnessed the first victory of Saudi Arabia over Iraq in the Persian Gulf Cup with a score of 2-1.
– Iraq returned to the Gulf 9 to impose its dominance in matches against Saudi Arabia where it defeated Al Akhdar in Riyadh 2-0.
– Al-Akhdar extended their victory over Iraq to two wins when they met at Gulf 18 in the Emirates in 2007, where the Saudis scored 1-0.
– The last meeting between the Lions of Mesopotamia and Saudi Arabia was at Gulf 21 in Bahrain in 2013 and Iraq won 2-0.